Saturday 27 July 2013

Red Velvets are a crowd pleaser!

Nothing says 'Happy Birthday' like a batch of your favourite cupcakes!
My friend Hope turned 21 the other day, so a batch of her favourite flavour was in order!
She tried making my Salted Caramel Cupcakes a couple of months back and they turned out really well; so I decided to make these for her.
These cakes were to be unveiled at a friend's house with about 15 people watching, so only making one batch of 12 would be reckless. This was the perfect excuse to make some Red Velvets too!!!!!!
 
I had the BEST sous-chef, until he started eating the frosting when I wasn't looking.
 
 
When I'm baking, I become quite controlling and a tad bossy; I can't help it!!
I'm particularly protective of my piping bags, therefore trusting Alex to frost the cupcakes was a huge step for me! And he did prove very worthy of the Sous-Chef status.
 

 
Surprise!!!!!
She loved them, and I came home cupcake-less so they were a definite hit with everyone else!

 
Next time, I might leave some business cards next to my cakes... Teehee!!
A girl can dream

I'm honestly looking for any excuse to bake a cake; someone give me one!!!!!!!
J xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment